You are Just a Call away from Experts:
People tend to store a variety of multimedia files on their computer. This serves the purpose of sitting in front of the laptop, listening to music as well as surfing the internet. But, now you can connect your laptop to the TV and give a boost to the entertainment package.
If you have an HD television at your home then you just need to know how to connect HP laptop to Tv wirelessly. So, follow the underlying instructions and learn a quick and easy process.
Prerequisites to Access your Laptop on Television
Before proceeding with the setup process, you must have the following things:
- A compatible cable adapter.
- A reliable video cable wires S –video, VGA, HDMI or DVI.
- One video card that supports multiple displays.
Learn How To Connect Laptop to TV Wirelessly
Here are the instructions that should be followed in order to access an HP laptop on TV. Be sure to apply the given instructions in the correct manner.
Initially, make sure that your TV supports the “Miracast”. The “Miracast” is a feature that allows you to access your computer or laptop on your TV. In case, if your TV does not have this feature, then consider to purchase and establish the connection with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter by following the on-screen instructions.
In this step, you need to ensure that your HP laptop also supports the “Miracast” feature. Miracast is accessible through every Microsoft Surface system as well as on Windows 8 Operating System and the higher versions.
Now, you need to press the Windows logo key along with the P key. As soon as you perform this instruction, the “Projection” menu will come on the display screen automatically.
Now, locate and select the option titled “Connect to a Wireless Display” from the result-oriented menu. If you are unable to locate this option, then you can confirm that your device doesn’t support the “Miracast” feature.
Now, select the device from the available device list. After performing these instructions, you need to enter the code that comes up on the TV screen. If you execute all these instructions in the correct manner, then your HP laptop gets connected to your TV and you will be able to access your laptop on your TV wirelessly.
Important Things to Consider
These are major points that should come under the considerations. So, check out these sections carefully.
- Each and every computer or laptop does not have the capability to access multiple displays. Therefore, try to utilize the “Resources” link in order to fetch support and get all the necessary details regarding your HP laptop.
- When the HP laptop gets connected to a TV, you should reboot the device before the TV screen is detected by the laptop.
What if the HP Laptop Isn’t Recognized by the Television?
While making the connection between your HP laptop and TV, if you notice that your Windows-based laptop is not recognized by the TV, there are certain technical complications that you need to fix by these following instructions.
Try to Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices
Generally, such kind of interruption occurs due to hardware issues. Running the troubleshooter can easily resolve this matter. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.
- Proceed to tap on the “Start” icon to initiate the Start menu.
- Get access to the search field and write “Troubleshooting” inside it.
- Afterwards, choose the “Troubleshooting” option from the appeared menu.
- Once the display window appears, hit the “View All” icon that is located at the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Head over to the “Hardware and Devices” section and stick to the on-screen guidelines in order to complete the troubleshooting.
After performing these instructions, reconnect your HP laptop to the TV to verify whether they are connected or not.
Update the Display Driver
A majority of users claim that after the update of the display driver to its latest version, they found that the connection error is removed.
So, make an attempt to update the display drivers.
Step 1: Press the combination of the Windows logo and R key to invoke the Run key. Under the Run dialogue box, enter “devmgmt.msc” and hit the “OK” button. From the result-oriented window, choose the “Device Manager” to initiate the window.
Step 2: After you access the Device Manager window, scroll through the available options and select the “Display Adapter”. From the appeared menu, try to locate the Display Driver. Once located, proceed to right tap on it and hit the “Update Driver” button.
Step 3: Allow the device search for the latest Display Driver by tapping on the option titled “Search automatically for updated driver software”. From the confirmation dialogue box, choose the “OK” button twice.
In case, the issue is related to the display driver, then after updating the display driver, the issue will be fixed.
Install all the Device Drivers in Compatibility Mode
Installing all the drivers in compatibility mode can help you to set the connection between the HP laptop and television. In order to proceed with this task, follow the instructions underneath.
- Head over to the official web page of the HP and enter the necessary details regarding your HP laptop.
- Once you are done, you will be redirected to the download page.
- In the next step, look for the download driver’s setup file. Proceed to right tap on the setup file and initiate the “Properties” icon.
- Under the Properties section, tap on the “Compatibility” tab.
- After you access the Compatibility tab, try to locate “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
- Once located, place a tick mark to the checkbox and hit the “Yes” button. Follow the instructions in order to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to Mirror the Computer Screen on TV?
In order to mirror the computer screen on Television, follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Enable the computer’s wireless connection.
- Hit the “Start” icon to invoke the “Start” menu.
- Proceed to tap on the gear-shaped icon to open the “Settings” menu.
- From the appeared menu, tap on the “Devices” to initiate the Device screen.
- Hit the Connected Device and choose the “Add Device” button that is located under the Add Devices category menu to mirror the computer on the TV.
2. How to connect a PC to Television with USB Cable?
Initially, make an attempt to find out the USB port on the television. Now, insert one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the TV and another end into the corresponding port of the laptop. Afterwards, use the TV remote in order to choose the accurate input source. Once done, the computer automatically connects to the TV.
3. How to Resolve iDevice Not Showing up on PC?
Connect the iDevice to the PC and then unlock the iDevice. Afterwards, press the “Option” key and initiate the “Apple” menu. After accessing the Apple menu, select the “System Report” or “System Information” depending on the iDevice model. Now, follow the onscreen instructions in order to resolve the issue.