There is nothing more terrifying when you have something important to print and you find that your HP printer is not working properly. Sometimes, the users find that their HP printer printing blank pages only. When this happens, the situation becomes problematic and causes trouble for you.
According to the users, most of them have encountered this issue after installing a new cartridge in their HP printer. The problem also appears if you use an old cartridge in your printer.
Basically, the problem is related to the hardware. Not only hardware but an outdated printer driver is also often responsible for this annoying situation. Don’t worry, it will be easier to resolve the problem by following just a few solutions. So, take a look below to know about them.
Effective Solutions to Get Rid of HP Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue:
Here, we have discussed all the effective troubleshooting methods to resolve HP printer printing blank pages. You do not need to try them all, simply work way down until you find the one which works for you in order to resolve the problem.
Fix 1: Check the Ink Cartridges
The problem appears due to the faulty ink cartridges. Hence, you need to check the faulty ink cartridges. To check the ink cartridges, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
Check whether the Ink Cartridges are Clogged
One of the prime reasons for this problem is using the clogged ink cartridges. If you do not use the printer on a regular basis, then you might encounter this situation.
To resolve the problem, you need to clean the ink cartridges from the printer’s Control Panel. Or you can clean it on your own.
Check the Level of the Ink on the HP Printer
The problem also occurs due to low or empty ink cartridges. Hence, check the ink level of your printer. Then, fill the ink cartridges with the proper ink or replace the ink cartridges if possible.
Remove and Reinstall your Ink Cartridges
According to the users, defective or disconnected ink cartridges might also lead you to this situation.
In such a situation, you need to remove the cartridges and replace them with a new one. If you found the ink cartridges are in good condition, then you need to check the connection of the ink cartridges and the HP printer. To get rid of this situation, remove the ink cartridges and reinstall it properly.
After doing so, try to print a page and check whether it is printing properly or not.
Fix 2: Configure the Printer Spooler Service
You might also get this issue when the Printer Spooler files are damaged or missing. Therefore, try to restore the Printer Spooler service files and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
- First of all, press the Start button and type ‘service’ in the search button. Thereafter, click on the Services button and then find out the Printer Spooler from the option.
- Right-click on it and then click on the Stop button. Next, click on the OK button. After that, press the Windows logo key + E key together to open the Windows File Explorer.
- Now, navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS: and delete all the files present on this folder.
- Again, launch the Service window and locate the Printer Spooler and double-click on it. Now, tap on the Start button. You need to ensure that the Startup Type is set to the Automatic. And then head over to the OK button.
After doing so, try to print a page and check whether the HP printer is printing properly or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
Fix 3: Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter
There is a Microsoft in-built utility that will help you detect the printer’s problem and resolve it. The name of the utility is Windows Printer Troubleshooter. You can run this tool in order to resolve the problem at the earliest. Here are the steps to follow:
The steps are different for Windows 7 & 8 and Windows 10. Here we have mentioned both.
For Windows 7 and 8
- At first, type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search bar and hit the Enter button. Now, click on the Troubleshooting option.
- After that, select the ‘Use a Printer’ option under the ‘Troubleshooting’ section.
- Thereafter, click on the Next button to complete the process. When all the process is done properly, then try printing a page test your printer to work properly or not.
For Windows 10 Users
- Press the Start button and then type ‘troubleshooting’ in the search bar. Now, select the Troubleshooting Settings.
- After that, click on the Printer option and select the Run the Troubleshooter option. Wait until the troubleshooting process is going on and then try to print a page.
Fix 4: Update the Printer Driver
If above all the methods described are not able to solve HP printer printing blank pages issue, then it might occur due to the use of outdated printer drivers.
To update the printer driver, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Start button and then move to the Device Manager section.
- Here you find all the drivers. Locate the printer driver and right-click on it.
- Make sure that you have a proper internet connection on your device. It will automatically check whether any updated version is available or not.
- If found, then it will automatically start downloading the latest version of the printer driver from the official website of HP.
- When the downloading process gets over, install it on your device.
After using the newest version of the HP printer driver, we hope you no longer get the same issue again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is my printer printing blank pages HP Deskjet 3755?
There are several causes for the HP Deskjet 3755 printing blank pages. If you use the incorrect size of pages, clog in the ink cartridges, ink cartridges are empty, no connection between the ink cartridges and printer.
How do you Manually Clean a Removable Printhead?
Manually, clean the removal printhead on an HP printer that is out of warranty and is not printing black or color ink, or prints blank pages by applying the steps listed below.
At first, confirm that your printer is out of warranty from the official website of HP.
To clean the printhead, gather a disposable container, a clean, lint-free cloth, and water. Now, remove all the ink cartridges from the printhead. Open the ink cartridge access door. Wearing disposable gloves, remove each cartridge after pressing the Tab button.
Now, place the cartridges upside down on the paper towel. Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer for more than 20 minutes. Now, remove the printhead manually and clean it with the lint-free cloth with the hot water.
Now, place it on a paper towel and with the nozzles facing up to try for a few minutes. After that, place the printhead on its place.