You are Just a Call away from Experts:
HP printing devices have the capability to analyze the current level of toner or ink in a cartridge. However, some HP printer models display fake warnings that need to be overridden in order to continue the printing task.
If you are currently confronting any kind printer error message that states HP ink cartridge error, then you might be wondering “how to override HP ink cartridge error”. In that case, you need to implement a few basic troubleshooting measures in order to get rid of the situation.
Why is the Cause Behind HP Ink Cartridge Error?
There are certain circumstances that can result in the HP ink cartridge error. The most prominent causes are included:
- Not Removing Protective Tapes: Ink cartridges come up with protective taps that secure the cartridges from leakage. If you do not remove these protective tapes from the ink cartridge before installing them, then such kind of error is quite a common event.
- Broken or Dirty Metal Contact: Generally, users are getting ink cartridge error when there are broken or dirty metal contacts inside the device.
- Using Incompatible Cartridge: Installation of incompatible ink cartridges can be quite rare and it sometimes results in the HP cartridge error.
- Corrupted Chips: When a refilled ink cartridge is used, the integrity of the cartridge might get hampered and cause leakage which can trigger the ink cartridge refilled error.
- Software Update: While software update is essential but at times, a corrupted system file can prevent the printing device from functioning accurately.
Instructions for Overriding HP Ink Cartridge Error
Once you are well accustomed to the causes behind the HP ink cartridge error, you will be able to resolve the HP printer error on your own. So, without further delay, let’s proceed:
Attempt to Clean the Metal Contacts
Cleaning the metal contacts can be the prime method that should be performed in order to override the HP ink cartridge error. Follow these instructions to do the task:
- Initially, be sure that you power off your HP printer device and disconnect the power cable from the device. Open the top lid of the printer and look for the cartridge access door.
- Once located, invoke the door and take out the ink cartridge from the device. Safely place the ink cartridge aside.
- Now, check out the ink cartridge and review the metal contacts. Moreover, take a dry lint-free cloth in order to clean them in the correct manner. While cleaning the metal contacts, be sure you do not put any excess pressure on it.
- After cleaning the metal contact, insert the ink cartridge back to its proper place and be sure you close the ink cartridge door when you are done.
- Finally, close the top printer lid and print a test page in order to verify whether the ink cartridge gets removed or not.
Be Sure to Remove the Protective Tapes
When you are about to install a new ink cartridge on your HP device, you need to make sure that you remove the protective taps that are attached to it. Along with the protective tapes, the plastic covers or tabs should also be cleared out before installation.
Review the Ink Cartridge
In this procedure, it is recommended you review the ink cartridge. If you use an incompatible or third-party ink cartridge unknowingly, then you need to replace it with a genuine one as soon as possible. After inserting the genuine ink cartridge, the error should be mitigated.
Reset the HP Printing Device
Resetting the HP printer can be another resort that you can try to get rid of the HP ink cartridge error. Implement the task by following these instructions:
- Turn off the printer and remove the power cable from the device.
- Next, open and take out all the ink cartridges. Now, leave the device for at least 15 minutes.
- Afterward, place the ink cartridges to its proper location and re-insert one end of the power cable back to the device, and another end to the power outlet.
- Press the “Power” button to turn the device on.
Once your HP printing device boots up, the error message gets eliminated from your device and you will be able to continue your printing tasks.
If you are getting HP ink cartridge error due to certain software-related glitches, then you can use the Printer Troubleshooter. It is an inbuilt utility that is designed to resolve the printer related issues.
You can run the troubleshooter by following the below-cited instructions.
Step 1: Press the Windows logo along with the R key to initiate the Run window. After accessing the Run window, write “Control” inside the dialogue box and hit the Enter key.
Step 2: Invoke the “Control Panel” window and head over to the “Devices and Printers”. From the result-oriented window, scroll through the available printer lists and tap on your HP printer.
Step 3: In the next step, launch the “Printer and Scanner” menu and choose the “Manage” button. Further, proceed to tap on the “Run the Troubleshooter” option and follow the instructions that come up on the display screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to disable Web Services on HP Printer?
In order to disable the Web Services on the HP printer, head over to the Control Panel of the printer and hit the “ePrint” button. Afterward, hit the “Settings” icon to initiate the Settings menu.
From the appeared menu, choose the “Disable” or “Turn Off” button from the menu list depending on your printer model. Proceed to tap on the “OK” button to confirm your action. Save the changes by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “Yes” button.
How to Get HP Printing Device Online?
Initiate the Control Panel window and tap on the option titled “Devices and Printers”. Next, go towards the right pane and proceed to the right tap on your HP printer. Choose the “See What’s Printing” once you are prompted. Further, you can choose the “Printer” menu and scroll down to locate the “Use Printer Online”. You will find this option under the drop-down menu. After locating the option, place a tick mark at the checkbox to select the option.
How to Print an Email from the HP Printer?
Open the document or file you want to print from your HP printer. From the result-oriented window, hit the “Share” or “Action” icon depending on your printer model. Choose the Email option in order to invoke a new email message.
Inside the “To” field, write your printer’s email address and enter a subject inside the emails subject field. Hit the “Send” button and stick to the remaining guidelines to print an email from the HP printer.
How to Find the Proxy Port on HP Printer?
Initially, hit the “Settings” icon and invoke the window. Afterward, scroll through the available options and look for the “Connection Settings”. Once located, invoke the window and search for the “Proxy Port Number” inside the “Port” section. Navigate to the “HTTP Proxy” where you will get all the required information regarding your “Proxy Port” on the HP printer.
How to Configure Proxy Settings for HP Printer?
On your computer or laptop, open a web browser and enter the hostname or IP address that has been assigned to the HP printer. From the resulting menu, head over to the “Network” tab and look for the “Proxy Settings”. Once you get access to the “Proxy Settings” window, make the necessary changes according to your system requirements.