Screenshots, screen snaps or the screengrabs are a unique operation that most of the latest designed HP laptops tend to incorporate. Using this feature, you will be able to capture the screen in the form of an image on your computer’s desktop or the laptop.
This feature can be a game-changer based on the modern aged computer. With the help of the screenshots, you will be able to keep a record for future reference. So, if you want to know how to screenshot on HP laptop or desktop, then here you will find various ways to capture an image.
By pressing a few buttons on your keyboard, you will be able to take a screenshot on your PC. Thus, you can choose among the various procedures discussed below and select the one that suits best.
How to Screenshot HP Laptop: Easy Tips to Implement
Below discussed are the effective ways that you can apply on your own to take a screenshot on your HP laptop.
Solution 1: Take a Screenshot of the Whole Screen
Many times, you need to take a screenshot of the whole screen of your HP laptop or the desktop computer. To do that, you need to go through the steps cited below.
- Initially, tap on the Print Screen key on the keyboard. You can even press the PrtScn key to take a screenshot.
- After that, the Image Editor needs to be opened and then make sure you paste the screenshot in the desired location.
- Now, with the help of your preferable editor, you need to edit the screenshot and then check whether you saved the image on your computer or not.
For Windows 10 or 8 Users:
It can be possible that you are a Windows 8 or 10 user and to take a screenshot, you need to perform the following steps.
- At first, tap on the Windows logo key or the Win key and the Print Screen or PRTScn key at the same time on your keyboard. You might find that the screen dimmed for a moment.
- After that, tap on the Windows logo key and E at the same time on the keyboard to locate the File Explorer.
- Now, navigate to the This PC and double-click on the Pictures option.
- Next, right-click on the screenshots option in order to find the screenshot that you have taken.
Solution 2: Take a Screenshot of an Active Window
Sometimes, you might need to take a screen-shot from an active window of your HP laptop. To take the screenshot, follow the steps mentioned here-under.
- First, tap and hold the Alt key and the Print Screen or PrtScn key at the same time on the keyboard.
- An Image Editor needs to be opened and check if the screenshot is there or not.
- After that, use your preferred editor to edit the screenshot.
- Next, you need to save the image on your PC.
Now, you will find that the active window captured and make sure you saved it to your PC.
Solution 3: Take a Custom Screenshot
Sometimes, you need to take a screenshot of a certain area and to do that go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first, go to the lower-left corner of the screen to select the Start button.
- Thereafter, enter “snip” and then from the list of results, double-click on the Snipping Tool.
- Make sure that you selected the New option from the Snipping Tool.
- Now, you need to select the region whose screenshot you need.
- To save the screenshot, right-click on the Save Snip icon.
The Alternative Default Way
Below mentioned are the steps that you need to follow to take a screenshot of a certain portion of the screen.
- Tap on the Windows key, Shift and S at the same time on the keyboard. You will find that the screen will become white and the cursor will change from a pointer cursor to a crosshair cursor.
- When you select the portion, the snippet will disappear and copy it to your computer’s clipboard.
- An image editing program needs to be opened and follow the new image.
- Select and hold the Ctrl and V at the same time on the keyboard to paste the screenshot.
- Finally, make sure that you saved the screenshot as a JPG or PNG file and then place it to an accessible folder.
Solution 4: Snipping Tool
With the help of the Snipping Tool, you will be able to take a screenshot of any portions of the screen. For that go to the Start menu and then perform the steps that are mentioned below.
- Within the Snipping Tool application, you need to create a new snip. For that, select the New option. You can even tap on the CTRL and N key at the same time on the keyboard.
- With the help of the crosshair cursor make a rectangular outline of your preferred area.
- In order to save the screenshot as a PNG or JPEG file, tap on the Disk icon within the snipping tool.
This tool comes with Change mode so that you can snip in three different ways.
- Free-form sip helps to capture any shape of screenshot such as circles, ovals, etc.
- With the help of the Window snip, you will be able to take any screenshot from an active window.
- You should know that Full-screen snip helps you to capture a full display. In the Snipping Tool, you will find a pen and a highlighter option. That helps you to draw a screenshot.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you are able to understand how to screenshot on HP desktop as well as on a laptop.