You are Just a Call away from Experts:
HP Deskjet 2652 is one of the most easy-to-use all-in-one inkjet printers. With the help of this printer, you can easily connect Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as smartphones, computers or laptops to print any documents or photos.
And, there are other magnificent features present in this device. To avail those features, you first need to know how to set it up. And, if you are using this printer for the first time, you need to go through the guide carefully.
Steps to Setup the HP Deskjet 2652: 5 Easy Steps
For first time users, it might be difficult to set up the device. So, we are providing the steps to do that. The HP Deskjet 2652 users just need to apply the steps in the proper sequence.
Step 1: Unpack the Printer Materials
To start with, you first need to unpack the printer and the materials that come with the printer. Remove all the tapes, stickers and unpacked things as it is instructed below.
- First, take out the printer from the box and then start to remove the tapes and package.
- Now, lower the output tray of the printer and hold the handle. Lower the ink cartridge access door to open the output tray.
- Take out the tapes and stickers and other packing materials inside the printer.
When you are unboxing all the components of the HP printer, make sure you have removed all the hardware and materials from the box. After the unboxing, the users need to go to the next step which is meant for connecting the power cord in the correct ports.
Step 2: Connect the Power Cord
In the second stage of the setup process, you have to plug in the power cord into a power source to turn On the device. To perform this, make sure, you have chosen the right power cord or else the printer will refuse to start.
- Now, take the one end of the power cord and connect it to the HP Printer.
- Take the other end of the power cord and put it into an electrical outlet.
- Hold and press the Power button of the printer for a while to turn it On.
Once you tap on the Power button, the cartridge of the HP printer will start to slightly move. It will move to the centre of the printer. Wait a moment, until the cartridge gets static and silent before you go for the next step.
Step 3: Install the Ink Cartridges (Black and Colour)
Search for the ink cartridge from the different components of the printer. Take out both the black and colour ink cartridges to place them in the right place. But, if you are facing difficulties to do so, follow the below-stated instructions attentively.
- First, remove one of the ink cartridges from the package. To do that, take out only the black plastic of the ink cartridge.
- Now, remove the plastic tape from the black ink carriage and take it out carefully.
Note: Avoid touching the copper-coloured contacts and ink nozzles. Don’t change or remove the protective tape from the contacts. If you handle these parts, it might lead to clogging issues, ink failure or even results in poor electrical connection.
- Now, hold the ink cartridges from its side with the contacts that are faced towards the printer.
- Insert the ink cartridge in the proper ink cartridge slot. Next, push the ink cartridge until you hear a ticking sound.
Note: Mostly, the colour cartridge will be on the left side of the printer. And the black ink cartridge will be on the right side of the device.
- Take the colour ink cartridge and repeat the above steps. Repeat the same steps to insert the colour ink cartridge in its slot.
- Further, you have to close the access door of the ink cartridge and then close the paper tray as well.
Once you are done with installing the ink cartridges in the paper slot, you need to set the A4 size paper. Also, make sure, you have placed the right ink cartridge in its correct slot, or else only the black paper will come out of the tray.
Step 4: Put the Papers into the Paper Tray
Once you have installed the ink cartridges properly, the next step is to place the paper in the tray. Take the required amount of A4 size paper and load the input tray with it. Next, you have to do the same steps that are mentioned below to print your essential documents.
- Put up the input tray of the HP printer and then slide the paper width guide from the left.
- Now, take the papers and put that in the input tray.
- Move the paper width guide to the right, until it goes at the edge of the paper.
Once you complete the above setup, you have to now put down the output tray. After that, pull out the tray of the HP printer. And, if you have come to this stage, the last step that you need to do is, installing the printer software on the computer.
Step 5: Install the Printer Software
If you have not yet installed the printer software, then it is time to do that. Without printer software, the print won’t come properly. However, do not try to connect the printer to a computer until it is mentioned to do so on the web page of the print software.
To get the correct printer software, the HP printer users need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open any web browser via a computer. Next, move to the address bar.
- Once you get into the address bar, search for the official website of HP Printers.
- To do that, you need to put the official IP address of HP. You will be directed to the home page of HP.
- On the home page, look for the printer software that is compatible with the Windows OS.
- Choose the right printer software and then tap on the “Download” button.
The entire software downloading process might take a while. Wait until it gets over and then open the downloaded file to install it on the device. After the installation process, you will be able to print your important office files using the HP Deskjet 2652 printer.
Connect your smartphone or computer, choose the file that you want to print. Tap on the “Print” button and your important documents will get printed, using this device. And, if you face any difficulty in getting the printout, we would suggest you repeat the 5th step.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to connect to the HP Deskjet 2652 with Wireless connection?
To connect with the device to Wi-Fi, first, you need to know the password and wireless name of the router. Make sure the router is having sufficient connection to continue the process. Also, ensure that the USB cable is not connected with the computer.
- Now, go to the Control Panel of the printer. From there, tap on the Wireless button.
- Wait until the wireless light starts to blink. This indicates that you have successfully linked the printer with the Wi-Fi.
- Check if the computer and the printer are connected with the same wireless network.
- Up next, you have to install the printer driver when prompted by the installer.
- Lastly, go to the Search box. Search for the Control Panel over there.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, tap on the “Device and Printer” option and select the printer name from there.
Where can you find the WPS Pin of HP Deskjet 2652?
The WPS pin of a printer helps the device to connect with the Wi-Fi. This is the main source that helps the printer to work efficiently. And, if you are unable to find the WPS pin, then go through the following steps:
- Lower the printer and you will find the WPS pin stuck at the back of the device.
- The Pin will be in a sticker that is attached to the printer. Note it down to connect both the devices.
And, if you want to set up the printer using the WPS method, then hold the “Wireless and Resume” button of the printer together for a few seconds. The wireless light will start to blink if you successfully set up the device. Hold the Information button for a few minutes to connect via WPS.