You are Just a Call away from Experts:
HP Envy 4520 model is an all-in-one printer that offers you an exclusive range of features. If you are planning to buy one or already bought one, then you have to know the setup and installation procedures to use it.
You can set it up via USB or through wireless methods. You can use it to print documents from your smartphones, and the compute but before that setting it up is necessary.
HP Envy 4520 Installation and Setup Procedures
So, let us see the step-by-step setup procedure for the wireless network connection and the USB connection method.
1. Wireless network connection setup
Before starting with the solution, you need to fulfill certain requirements and they are:
- You must keep your SSID ready. Without it, you will not be able to set up your network connection. Also, keep the password ready. It is also called the WPA or WEP security passphrase. Make sure that you have a computer connected to this network.
- Internet access for setting up the wireless network. It will use an internet service for completing the process.
- Make sure that your computer and printer are connected to the same network. If there is any signal problem, you must resolve it first before starting the setup process.
Installing the printer driver
Now, you have to download the latest version of the driver for your printer.
- Go to the official website and in the search bar, type in your printer model number. Locate the driver for your printer and then follow the instructions on the screen to finish the setup process.
- However, you can also go to the HP installer software and follow the instruction there. You have to use the installation CD that came with your printer.
- After that, enter your printer model number and start the downloading process by clicking on “Begin”.
- Then, go to “Download” and locate the downloaded file and double click on it. This will open the installation wizard page and the installation process will start.
- After that, complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
Wireless network connection
Now, by going to the page of the wireless setup wizard, you will be able to connect the printer to a wireless network. You will also be able to manage the printer wireless connection from this wizard page.
Go to the Control Panel and press the Wireless button. After that, you will see a Wireless menu on the screen. Here, select the Settings icon and then select the Setup wizard option.
Then, follow the instructions on the screen and connect to the wireless network. The HP Envy 4520 installation and setup process is complete and you have successfully connected to the wireless network.
2. USB connection setup
Now, let us see the setup process for the USB connection in a step by step manner.
- A USB cable of at least 3 meters. Switch on your printer and make it ready to connect to your computer.
- Connect the USB cable with the computer USB port. If you connect using any docking station for USB, the process might not work properly due to a lack of power.
- If you have any previous printer version installed on your computer, make sure to uninstall it.
- Then, in your Windows computer, go to the Control panel and click on “Devices and Printer”.
- Locate the name of your printer and then right-click on it. Then, click on the “Remove device” option to remove the printer.
Setup the USB connection
- Connect the printer with your computer by using the USB cable.
- After that, you have to install the driver. You will be able to download the driver by going to the official website.
- After the download is complete, open the file and double click on the setup. Next, you will be asked to choose the type of connection, select USB.
Now, you will be able to print documents as well as scan and use the fax.
What if the printer Fails to Print Documents?
However, the users are often unable to print documents even after using the correct USB cable. Software that is installed also might fail to work. For that, you have to follow the given steps:
- Take out the CD from the CD drive of your computer. Next, disconnect the USB cable.
- Now, reboot your computer. Again, insert the CD of the printer.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions and install the printer software.
- You must not connect the USB cable until you see the prompt for connecting the USB cable.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
You have now successfully done the USB HP Envy 4520 installation and setup process.
3. Installing the HP Smart App
By installing the HP Smart App, you will be able to use your mobile device to connect your printer to the wireless network. Moreover, you will also be able to capture, scan, and print files by using this app.
Here are the steps to install the app on your Android device:
- Make sure that your Android device is on the same network as your printer. Then, open the Google Play Store on your phone and install the HP Smart App.
- Now, launch the app and click on “Start”. Then, accept the terms and conditions and click on Continue. On the home screen, click on the icon ‘+’. This will tell you all the names of the printer connected to your network. Click on the name of your printer.
- After that, click on the “Add Printer” option. If you are connecting to this printer for the first time, then you have to follow the on-screen instruction to establish the connection.
After the connection is made, you will be able to use your mobile as a remote device to operate your printer.
Hopefully, you have understood the above-discussed procedures for setting up your HP printer. These are very effective process and the HP Envy 4520 installation and setup process will complete in no time.