You are Just a Call away from Experts:
If you are facing issues while trying to set up your HP Envy 5055, all-in-one printer, for your home or office use, then here we are about to discuss the hacks.
You just have to follow a few simple steps which are described in detail below. By completing three easy steps you will successfully finish the HP Envy 5055 setup process. The choice is yours you can either use a USB or a wireless connection to accomplish this procedure.
What are the steps required for HP Envy 5055 Setup?
To set up the printer first you have to connect it to the Wi-Fi network and then go to the manufacturer’s website.
From the website download and install the required printer driver and software. A detailed description of this process is mentioned below:
Step 1: Prepare for the Installation
Before starting the printer driver installation process, you need to keep a few things in mind. You should know the username and password of your wireless network. Then, turn on the router, computer, and HP Envy 5055 printer. Use a high-speed internet connection and make sure that there are no issues with it.
After this connect the computer and the printer to the same wireless network. Place the printer close to both the computer and the router for the HP envy 5055 setup procedure. If there are any obstacles blocking the Wi-Fi signal then remove it for an easy and smooth setup process.
Step 2: Setup Wireless Connectivity
Use the “Wireless Setup Wizard” and connect the printer to the wireless network. This helps the HP Installer to find the printer when the installation process is running.
To use the Wireless Setup Wizard, look for the wireless symbol on the printer home screen. Now, gently press the Setup icon on the screen.
After this, you will see the option of Wireless Setup Wizard, tap on it. You will see a list of available WiFi connections. Select your wireless network SSID and tap on OK.
But, if the list doesn’t show the name of your wireless network then select the option saying “Enter New Network Name”. When you select this option you will see the screen showing two blank tabs asking for your network username and password.
Now, press Done and the printer screen will show a brief description of the network it is connected to. Press OK and you will return to the home screen.
Step 3: Downloading and Installing the Driver
After you have connected the printer to your Wi-Fi network the next thing to do is to go to the Manufacturer’s official website to download the necessary printer driver.
- Open the browser on the computer. In the search bar put in the manufacturer name. Click the Search button.
- When the search is finished, open the manufacturer’s official website.
- Type the model name of the printer as “123..hp.com/envy5055” in the search box and click the search button.
- Locate the Software, driver and firmware option and click it. A drop-down menu will appear. From that menu select the version of the operating system.
- Now, select the Product Installation Software and click on the Download option.
- Make sure that there is enough storage space on your computer for the driver. Locate the downloaded files on your computer and open it.
- You will see a set of instructions on the screen, follow them to finish the driver installation and connection setup.
When the installation is complete go back to the manufacturer’s official webpage to finish up the registration and activation process.
How to Install the Driver Software on HP Envy 5055 Printer?
After you are done with downloading and installing the required printer driver on your computer it is time to install the printer to finish the setup.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to a stable power source and is turned on. Now, go to your computer and search for ‘Change device installation’.
- After the ‘Change device installation’ window opens, go to the Settings option. A new window will open. On that window click Yes and select Save Changes.
- Connect your computer to the printer with a USB cable or through a wireless network connection. Now, click the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- There locate the ‘Device and Printers” option and double click on it. A new tab will open. Choose the ‘Add Printer’ option from that tab.
- Next, select the name of your printer in the ‘Choose a device or printer to add to this PC” tab and click Next. Select the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Now, wait for the diver installation process to be finished.
Basically, HP Envy 5055 setup is a simple procedure that can be done by following the above steps. Hopefully, this article was able to clear any doubts you had regarding this process.