You are Just a Call away from Experts:
Setting up a printer is more than an easy task only if you know what you are doing. There are two main components of a proper printer setup process. The first one is the basic hardware setup and the second one is the installation of printer software on the computer.Using these two processes you can easily accomplish the HP Envy 7640 setup process.
Basically, HP Envy 7640 is an all-in-one printer that not just allows you to print but also scan documents. Thus, these steps will help you to access all its exclusive features without much hassle.
Setting up the hardware
The first thing that you have to do before downloading the printer driver for HP Envy 7640 Setup is setting up the hardware. The hardware setup process includes several steps and the details are mentioned below.
Step 1: Removing the printer from the box
Get the printer out of the box and remove all the tape, stickers and other unnecessary things from the printer. Be careful while doing these and ensure not to damage the device.
- Open the scanner lid located at the top of the printer. Get rid of all the tape and packaging materials from under the lid and then close it.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access lid and pull out the tapes and packaging materials from there.
- Now, pull out the input tray and from there remove the output tray. Take out all the tapes and packaging materials from the photo tray.
- After you are done clearing out the photo tray, push it back in. But, keep the paper tray open.
- Pull at the paper width guides to slide them out easily. Now, remove tapes and packaging materials from the input tray.
- When all of the tapes and packaging materials are fully removed from the printer and put the output tray back in place (on the paper tray). Gently push the input tray back till it is locked into place.
Before throwing out the printer box be sure to take out all the necessary hardware.
Step 2: Connecting the printer to the power outlet
Fetch the power cord that was inside the box. Turn around the printer. On the backside of the printer, you will see a slot where the power cord will fit. Connect it to the slot. Take the other end of the cord and plug it in a power outlet.
- Turn the switch on. When the printer powers up, go to the printer’s Control Panel. On the panel, you will see options to set up your language, country and time.
- First, choose your language then press Continue. Next, select your country and press Continue.
- Lastly, select the date and time and press Continue. This will finish up setting your preferences.
Step 3: Loading paper into the input tray
Open the input tray by pulling it out. Locate the photo tray and push it back in, as far as it will go.
- Next, pull apart the paper width guides in the input tray. Now, take a stack of white paper and push it into the input tray.
- Put the paper width guides back in their places. When you are done putting the paper in, push the input tray back into place.
- Make sure that the input tray is locked into place (Otherwise paper jams can happen).
- Now, check the printer’s home screen. If it shows the “Have You Changed The Paper?” option, you can alter the paper size and type from the previously loaded paper using it. Or if you do not want to change the settings then press OK.
Step 4: Setting up the ink cartridge
Open the cartridge access lid by lifting it up using the handles. When the lid is open the Door Open screen flashes on the control panel with a message saying “The cover or door must be closed to print”. Hence, close it properly.
- Now, remove one of the cartridges that came along with the printer. Be cautious to only touch the black plastic part of it.
- You will see an orange tab on the cartridge, remove it. This will open the protective tab.
- You have to be very careful while removing the protective tab. Under no circumstances should you touch the copper-coloured contacts and the ink nozzles.
- In addition, do not replace the tab over the contacts. If these parts are not handled carefully it can cause ink clogs and faulty connections.
- Slide in the new cartridge into the designated slot and gently push it down till it fits into place.
- Place the tri-colour cartridge into the left slot and the black colour cartridge into the right slot. To install the other cartridges repeat these same steps.
- When you are done inserting the cartridge, close the cartridge access door. If the lid is properly closed then the displayed message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print. Close it completely and make sure it is secure’, gets eliminated from the screen.
- Now, press OK. You will have to wait for a little while. The printer will finish calibrating and aligning the cartridges. When the process is done the printer prints out an alignment page. Press OK to finish up the cartridge setup.
But if for some reason the alignment print doesn’t come out then:
- Check whether you have inserted the plain white paper into the paper tray.
- After this, open up Setup on the Printer’s control panel.
- Press the Printer Maintenance. Next, press Align Printer.
- A set of instructions will show up on the Control Panel.
Follow those instructions and finish up the alignment process. When it is done the alignment printout will come out of the printer.
These are the four essential steps of setting up the hardware. Next, we will discuss how to download and install the driver software to complete the HP Envy 7640 Setup.
Software Setup for the HP Envy Printer 7640
To set up the software of your HP Envy 7640 printer there are a few things that you need to do. Make sure you know the network name(SSID) and password of the wireless network you are going to use.
Next, turn on the computer, router and printer. Keep them close to each other for better network coverage. Connect the computer and the printer to the same wireless network. If there are any USB or Ethernet cables connected to the printer then remove them.
Step 1: Connecting the Envy 7640 printer to the wireless network
After you are done connecting your computer to the Wi-Fi, next you will have to connect the printer to the same network. You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard for this process.
- On the Printer home screen, you will find the wireless symbol, press that.
- After that look at the bottom left corner. There you will see the Settings icon, press that.
- Under the Setting tab, look at the first option saying “Wireless: off”, tap on it.
- Next, press the Wireless Settings. Under the Wireless Settings tab, you will find the Wireless Setup Wizard, tap on it.
- After you have turned on the Wireless Setup Wizard, a set of instructions will appear on the screen. Follow those instructions and your HP Envy 7640 printer will be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Downloading and installing the Printer Driver
To finish HP Envy 7640 Setup you need to download and install the printer hardware driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Open the browser on your computer. In the search tab, type the official HP address and press the Search button.
- The manufacturer’s official site will open. From there download and install the required driver on your computer.
- Now, connect the printer to the computer using the wireless network connection.
- On the computer click the Start button and go to the Control Panel. Click the “Device and Properties” option. Then, press “Add Printer”.
- A new window will open. Select your printer’s name from the “Choose a device or printer to add to this PC” list and press Next.
- Lastly, select the “Windows Update” option.
It will take a while for the driver to get installed. This brings us to the end of the HP Envy 7640 Setup process. Carefully follow all these steps to successfully set up your new Envy 7640 printer.