You are Just a Call away from Experts:
The HP Officejet Pro 6968 is an all-in-one printing device that comes up with a 63 mm touch screen colour LCD panel. This device can be used for both home and office purposes. Moreover, it is completely compatible with Macintosh, Windows as well as Linux platforms.
In order to get all the exclusive features of the HP Officejet Pro 6968 setup, users must set it up in the first place. Therefore, check out the underlying instructions to execute the setup process.
How to Accomplish the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup Process?
Here are the instructions that you need to be executed in order to perform the entire HP Officejet setup.
Unpack the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Device
Unboxing is the initial step for setting the HP Officejet device. Follow these instructions to do the task:
- Open the printer box and take out the printer from the box.
- Try to remove all the packing materials as well as the stickers that are attached to the device.
- Now, safely place the printing device on a flat surface.
- Also, take out the other printer related accessories such as power cord, ink cartridge, installation CD, setup guides, etc.
Initial Setup of the HP Officejet Device
After unpacking the printer, now it’s time to make the initial setup. For this purpose, join one end of the power cable to the back of the device and another end to the power outlet.
Thereafter, power on the device by pushing the “Power” button. Once the printer turns on, you will be prompted to set the Date and Time. Do so and hit the “Confirm” button.
Further, set other preferences such as region, location, and other related settings. Confirm the settings by tapping on the “Ok” button. This will finish the initial setup of the HP Officejet device.
HP Ink Cartridge Installation
After finishing the initial setup, you will be asked to insert the ink cartridge on the device. Therefore, open the top cover of the printer and try to access the ink cartridge door. Once accessed, insert the ink cartridges in their respective manner.
But, before placing the ink cartridge on your HP device you need to be sure that you remove the protected tapes from each cartridge. Push slightly so that the ink cartridges snap into their proper place. Close the ink cartridge door when you are done.
Load the Papers
Take out the paper tray from the device and align a stack of sheets on the surface. Be sure there are no foreign obstructions or packing materials inside the paper tray.
Now, place the paper stack inside the paper tray and launch the paper tray back to the device when done. After loading the papers, the device starts to print a test report automatically.
Download and Install the Required Printer Driver
The HP printer driver is the most important component that helps to enhance the device performance. The HP Officejet Pro 6898 device comes with a setup CD. Therefore, you can easily install the required drivers through the setup CD.
Instructions for Installation with Setup CD
- Initially, turn on your computer and insert the setup CD inside the device optical drive.
- Proceed to tap on the “Start” icon in order to invoke the menu.
- Afterwards, head over to the “Computer” section and choose the option “Properties”.
- In the next step, look for the Device Manager and try to initiate the window.
- After accessing the Device Manager window, you will notice the hardware along with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Now, follow the instructions that appear on the display screen in order to install all the required driver for your HP Officejet Pro 6968 device
Instructions for Printer Driver Installation Without Setup CD
- Visit the official web page of the HP and review if the software page automatically detects your Operating System and version.
- On the other hand, enter the Operating System and the version you are using in the text box.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the “Driver and Software Download” page.
- Tap on the basic driver software or the full-featured drivers. Try to download the full-featured driver software as it will allow you to unlock the complete functionality of the device.
- Wait unless the driver software gets downloaded. Next, tap on it and choose the HP Easy Start Utility from the appeared menu.
- Afterwards, enable the installation by following the on-screen guidelines in order to initiate the installation.
- Further, read the HP’s terms and Conditions by selecting the necessary checkboxes to complete the driver installation for the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup
In order to accomplish the HP Officejet 6968 wireless setup, initiate the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow these instructions to do so.
Primarily, be sure that you place the printing device close enough to your wireless router. It will help to engage your printer to the network easily and also get a proper signal. Thereafter, with the help of the printer Control Panel, head over to the “Network” and launch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
Mention the Network name and Security key of your router when prompted. Next, hit the icon titled “Wireless” that comes up on the printer Control Panel. Ensure that you enable the Wireless feature of your HP Officejet device.
Choose “Connect to Network” and wait unless the device recognizes all the available Wi-Fi networks. Now, tap on the Network name from the available list and enter the correct security key of the router.
Once the connection is established, be sure that your computer and HP Officejet gets conceded to the similar network.
Steps for Printing Files or Documents
Once you are done with the wireless setup, now you can easily print your required files or documents with the HP Officejet Pro 6968 device. Proceed with the instructions to accomplish the task.
Open a file or documents that you want to print. Head over to the “File” and hit the “Print” icon. On the other hand, you can also press the combination of the Windows logo and P key. But, if you are a Mac user, then press the CTRL along with the P key.
Once the Print window appears, choose the basic settings including the number of the copies, duplexing printing, margin and other required settings. You might need to reset certain settings of the Document Viewer if required.
Once you reset the desired values, hit the “Print” icon. Further, a Print Task Tray will appear on the left corner of the taskbar. You can track the status of the printing task here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if HP Officejet Pro 6869 Printer States Offline Status?
Head over to the “Start” menu and initiate the Control Panel. After accessing the Control Panel, proceed to tap on the “Device and Printers” and look for your HP printer.
Once located, hit the HP Officejet printer and choose “See What’s Printing”. Furthermore, navigate to the Printer menu and place a tick mark to the checkbox titled “Use printer offline”. Save the changes by tapping on the “Apply button as well as the “OK” button.
How to Factory Reset HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
Initially, note down the printer login credentials such as Username and Security key. Afterwards, head over to the “Settings” app by utilizing the printer Control Panel. Scroll through the available options and hit the “Restore Factory Defaults” button.
The device will ask you to confirm the action by tapping on the “OK” button. A notification will come up on the screen stating that the settings will be restored to the factory settings. Reboot the device to confirm the reset process.