You are Just a Call away from Experts:
No doubt HP printers are one of the best printers available in the market. But some users have complained that they are encountering several issues regarding HP printers in error state.
While working with their computer, an error message constantly pops up on the screen and leaves the users helpless. This message indicates that your printer is not connected to your computer with a cable or WiFi properly. At this time, the first thing is to check the paper and the ink cartridges to ensure the fact that there is no shortage of paper or ink.
If you are also getting over the same problem, then take a deep look at the entire guide and follow the steps thoroughly.
Why Printer in Error State Occurs in your HP Printers?
There are ample reasons that are responsible for this particular error. The probable reasons are listed below.
- When there is insufficient paper in your printer, you might face the same problem with your printer.
- Due to solidified ink or insufficient ink in the ink cartridges, this issue might occur.
- If the printer driver gets outdated or corrupted, then there is also a chance of getting the same problem with their HP printers.
- When you are connected with an unstable or poor internet connection, then it might create the same issue with your printer.
- When your device gets a new update, it restricts the functioning of the connected system, ultimately leading to this error.
- If the paper gets jammed or stuck inside of your printer, then it might result in the error.
- If the power supply is weak, then your printer will have issues with the power supply and the error message pop-ups on the screen.
What Should you Do While you Find your Printer is in an Error State?
Once your HP printer is unable to follow the commands you are providing, it has become frustrating for the users and they seek help to get rid of this issue. Implement the steps carefully as stated below.
Solution 1: Check the Connections and Restart your Device
Once you notice that your printer is in error state, then you have to check the connection. So, at the very first step, check if all the cables between your printer and your computer are connected properly.
Also, check that there is no loophole. Verify that your devices are connected with each other properly. If you have any disruption, then use another USB cable and be sure that the new cable has no issue.
Now, switch off your printer and then check for the paper jam. After that, close all the trays correctly. In case you find there is a paper jam problem, then remove the tray slowly.
Once done, you have to restart your computer.
Unplug your printer from the power source. Press the power button for thirty to forty seconds and let your printer for a few minutes to cool down. Replug the power source and turn your printer on again. Check if the error still persists or get vanished.
Solution 2: Adjust the Device Manager
If the first method is not helpful for you, then adjust the Device Manager and check the status of the error.
- To do so, at first you have to press the Windows and R keys altogether. It will open the Run dialog box on the display.
- After that, navigate to the Device Manager and click on it.
- Here, you will find all the drivers that are installed on your device.
- Choose the View menu icon and move to click on the drop-down menu. From there, choose “Show hidden devices”.
- Then, extend the ports section and choose the Printer Port by right-clicking on it.
- Select the Properties tab and click on the Properties tab.
- After that, move to choose the Port Settings icon and proceed with the next step.
- Tap on, “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” icon and select the “Enable Legacy Plug and Play detection” tab one after another.
- Once you have completed the above steps, click on OK and save the changes you have done.
- Finally, restart your device and check if the problem has gone or not.
Solution 3: Verify that Print Spooler is Running
Print Spooler service helps to manage all the printing jobs that are sent to your printer. As well as this service allows users to remove a print job. If this software is not turned on in your device, then your printer may show this error message on the display.
At the initial step, you have to press the Windows and R button simultaneously and launch the Run dialog box. After that, type services.msc in the box and press the Enter button.
Scroll down to the end of the page until you find the Print Spooler service.
Click on it and set it to Automatic. If not, then move to the “Change the Startup Type” icon and click on the “Start the Service” option. Now, navigate to the Recovery tab, click on it.
Then, tap on the Restart the Service option. Choose Apply to save the changes you have done. Finally, restart your device and check the status of the error.
Solution 4: Remove the Print Spooler Files
Now, it’s time to remove all the Print Spooler files by following the steps given hereunder. Sometimes, removing those files helps you to fix the printer is an error state issue. To do the same, you have to first launch Windows Services and choose the Spooler service by right-clicking on it.
- Now, move to the “C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers” path and click on it. From there, you have to removeSD#Zeeftg6 all the data that is stored in this folder.
- After that, navigate to the “C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86” and also remove all the data from there.
- At the final step, restart your device and check if the problem vanished from your printer or not.
Solution 5: Reinstall your Printer
Are you still noticing the same while taking printouts? Try to reinstall the printer’s drivers on your device by following the steps. First, you need to uninstall the printer driver. So, remove all the USB cables from your computer. After that, press the Windows and R altogether and open the Run dialog box.
Click on the box and type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter. It will launch the Device Manager option. Click on the Printers and Scanners option and choose the installed printer driver by right-clicking on it.
After that, tap on the Uninstall device icon and a pop-up message will show up on the display. Confirm the process by clicking on the Uninstall option again and restart your device.
To re-install the driver, navigate to the official website of HP and navigate to the Software and Driver Downloads icon. From there, you have to install the latest driver and wait until the installation process gets completed.
Solution 6: Check for Jammed papers and Ink Level
If none of the above solutions are reliable for you, then it is sure enough that you are facing the problem due to paper jam or might be because the ink gets solidified.
In such instances, you have to open the paper tray of your printer and check if there any paper stuck or not. If you find any paper, then remove them carefully.
Now, look at the ink cartridge and check if there is sufficient ink for printing or not. If you find the ink gets thickened, then replace the cartridge with a new one. Finally, try to print and check if the error still appears or not.
So, all the probable steps to get rid of the HP printer in error state are already mentioned above. You are suggested to follow them one by one. Do not make any mistakes while performing the methods.
However, if you face any problem regarding any steps, then get connected with the professionals and take their assistance.