HP Printer Assistant – HP Printer Assistant Download
HP is one of the largest tech-giant in providing varieties of printers and laptops. This brand is not only famous in manufacturing technical devices, but also for providing the best quality of service. Furthermore, it develops much-needed software like HP Printer Assistant. Before going to download this software, you need to understand what the HP Printer Assistant is.
What is the HP Printer Assistant Software?
HP Printer Assistant is a printer driver that handles the printing and other tasks of the device. It is specifically designed to improve the efficiency of the printer. This software downloads and gets installed automatically while installing the HP printer drivers.
Using the HP Printer Assistant, users get the facility to control all the printing processes including tracking the usage of printing page, scan image or document, checking of the ink level, and many others.
Furthermore, it helps the users to manage the printing tasks in a hassle-free manner. But, if the printer driver is not installed on your computer, then you become unable to connect the printer.
The Automatic updating feature of HP Printer Assistant software helps to take care of all the ongoing printing processes. In a nutshell, it is a printer maintenance tool of the HP printer that helps in troubleshooting various issues, tuning performance, and updating printer drivers as well.
How to Download HP Printer Assistant Software on Windows 10?
To download this software on your Windows Operating System, you can perform the steps provided below. The downloading steps will remain the same for the Windows 8, 10 or any other older Windows versions:
- First of all, turn the printer on.
- Make sure that you have removed the USB cable from your printer. If it is required to connect the cable, then you will be asked to do so while running the installation process.
[Note: USB cable is used to connect the computer to the printer.]
- Now, visit the ‘HP Support page’ and then go to the ‘Software & Drivers’ section.
- Click on Printer. Next, you will be asked to enter the model number of the printer. Type the model number in the specific field and tap on the Submit button to proceed.
- On the next page, you will see the model number of your HP printer. Click on it.
- It will open a list of printer drivers. Choose the appropriate version that you are using and tap on the Download button.
- Choose the type of installation depending on your preferences. It can be either ‘Recommended’ or ‘Typical.’
- Wait for a few seconds until the downloading process completes.
Now, the downloading process of the HP Printer Assistant is completed.
How to Download HP Printer Assistant Software on Mac?
The HP Printer Assistant software is not available on OS X or macOS. Mac laptops or computers come with a full feature driver that supports HP Utility. HP Utility has similar features and tools like the HP Printer Assistant. So, you can download the HP Utility by following the steps given below:
- In the beginning, go to the Apple menu and choose the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Print & Scan’ icon and then tap on the ‘+’ button.
- Now, tap on the Use option. Then choose the model number of your printer from the drop-down menu.
Note: Don’t choose the ‘Air Print’ option from the list.
- Next, tap on the ‘Add button’ option and then click twice on the newly created print queue.
- Click on the Settings button and navigate to the Utility tab.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Open Printer Utility’ option to complete the process.
Now, it will download and install the HP Utility automatically.
Installing this software can help you to connect with the computer as well as make the printing job easier for you. If you want to connect the printer with a smartphone, then you can install the HP Support plugin.
However, whichever device you use, you may come across several errors while using the printer. Some of the errors that are caused by this software are explained below with their appropriate solutions.
HP Printer Assistant doesn’t Open or Shows Several Printers After Updating OS:
After upgrading the Windows Operating System, HP printer users often encounter the error message ‘Connect a new printer.’ Sometimes, you may also encounter the error ‘Select a Printer’ along with different model numbers of the HP printer.
In order to solve such errors, you can do the following:
- First, go to the HP Support page and check for the available update of HP Printer Assistant/driver. If you see that an updated version is available there, then update the software with the latest one.
- Always try to use original HP ink cartridges.
- Clean the print head regularly.
- Replace the defective or empty ink cartridges.
If you are unable to print or facing other issues/errors with your HP printer, then you can perform the following:
- 1st: If you are unable to locate the Printer icon on the ‘Printers’ or ‘Devices’ folder, then confirm that you have the HP Printer Assistant or not. If it’s not, then download it by following the above steps.
- 2nd: If the HP printer is connected with the computer, but still you are unable to print, then check if the wireless connection or all the cables are connected properly.
- 3rd: If the printer is showing that it is in the offline error state, then connect the computer or smartphone and the printer with the same network.
After going through the above section, if you face any kind of trouble while downloading the HP Printer Assistant or face any other errors while using your HP printer, then you can contact us to solve this problem immediately.